Problem with write_latex_dynamic_model

This forum is closed. You can read the posts but cannot write. We have migrated the forum to a new location where you will have to reset your password.
Forum rules
This forum is closed. You can read the posts but cannot write. We have migrated the forum to a new location (https://forum.dynare.org) where you will have to reset your password.

Problem with write_latex_dynamic_model

Postby Niklas » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:06 pm

Hello,

I have a problem when using the write_latex_dynamic_model command:

Suppose a variable "eff $B^{problem}$" enters the equation as "eff(-1)^rho" (see attached modfile). This will result in the tex file as "B^{problem}_{t-1}^{\rho}". However, this produces an error because there is a "double superscript".
Does any know how I can avoid this?

(One possible solution would be to use additional curly brackets like "eff ${B^{problem}}$". The resulting tex command will be "{B^{problem}}_{t-1}^{\rho}", but it does not look very nice since the time index is too far away then from the letter.)

Thanks in advance,
best,
Nikals
Attachments
dog.mod
(1.18 KiB) Downloaded 110 times
Niklas

Re: Problem with write_latex_dynamic_model

Postby HoutanBastani » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:24 am

As the preprocessor works now, there is no solution to your opposing problems (vertical alignment of first superscript and subscript while avoiding the double superscript compilation error). You would need to change this by hand: {B^{problem}_{t-1}}^{\rho}
Best,
Houtan
HoutanBastani

Postby Niklas » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:56 pm

Thanks for the answer! But I think I found a solution to this problem:
It seems that "Scientific Workplace" can handle double super- and subscripts. I do not get any error messages there and the created output looks fine.
Niklas

Postby Niklas » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:04 am

Just if anyone is interested: I just found out that even Lyx (which can be downloaded for free) can handle double super- and subscripts.
Niklas

Return to Dynare help