IRF of models solved by extended path method

This forum is closed. You can read the posts but cannot write. We have migrated the forum to a new location where you will have to reset your password.
Forum rules
This forum is closed. You can read the posts but cannot write. We have migrated the forum to a new location (https://forum.dynare.org) where you will have to reset your password.

IRF of models solved by extended path method

Postby jill1009 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:22 pm

Hi,
I am using dynare 4.3.0 to solve a DSGE model with zero lower bound. I use the extended_path command, but there is no option on impulse responses for that command. How could I get the impulse response of the model solved using the extended path method?
Thanks a lot!
Jill
jill1009

Re: IRF of models solved by extended path method

Postby SébastienVillemot » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:44 pm

By construction, an IRF using the extended path method is equal to a deterministic simulation where there is a shock in period 1 and no shock after.

So the fact that we did not provide IRFs for extended_path is deliberate. You can already compute them using the "simul" command.
Sébastien Villemot
Economist at OFCE – Sciences Po
SébastienVillemot

Re: IRF of models solved by extended path method

Postby cfp » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:23 pm

Sebastien: It might be useful to support computing average IRFs from multiple simulations of the extended path algorithm. My suggestion would be to remove the extended_path command and perform the same functions if order is set to 0.
cfp

Return to Dynare help