A simple RBC model with financial intermediaries

This forum is closed. You can read the posts but cannot write. We have migrated the forum to a new location where you will have to reset your password.
Forum rules
This forum is closed. You can read the posts but cannot write. We have migrated the forum to a new location (https://forum.dynare.org) where you will have to reset your password.

A simple RBC model with financial intermediaries

Postby Daniel Bendel » Fri May 30, 2014 3:16 pm

Hey guys,

after working hard for the last weeks I finally get a small model with banks run. This model has a bank working as financial intermediary, collecting funds (deposits) from patient households and extend new loans to impatient households. But the bank has to fulfill a capital requirement ratio as suggested by the Basel comittee, so you can now investigate the welfare effects of introducing such a macroprudential policy.

I wrote a pdf file which should explain the model quite well.

There a two files: one is the mod file with the model code. The other calculates the steady state of the dynamic system.

I hope you find it helpful.
I was working on it very long, and I think I should share it with you, as I have benefited much from this forum.

Cheers,
Daniel Bendel
Last edited by Daniel Bendel on Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Germany, Cologne
Daniel Bendel

Re: A simple RBC model with financial intermediaries

Postby federico » Sat May 31, 2014 11:08 am

At a first ( and very superficial) sight it seems that your model is very close to "Financial business cycle" written by Matteo Iacoviello ( and this is a very good check for the quality of your model). I'm waiting for a WP or a draft to read.
federico

Postby Daniel Bendel » Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:53 pm

Sorry, I found a mistake again. I will upload a corrected version as soon as possible.
Germany, Cologne
Daniel Bendel

Postby Daniel Bendel » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:10 pm

Here the corrected version.
Germany, Cologne
Daniel Bendel

Postby pippo » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:44 am

Hi Daniel,
I was looking for your model, it seems very interesting. Where can i find the link to download it?
pippo

Postby Daniel Bendel » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:48 am

Actually, I found a mistake in my model. So I deleted the file. I will not work further with these kind of models, since they are not fully microfunded. But if you like send me a pm and I will send you the test mod-file.
Germany, Cologne
Daniel Bendel

Return to Dynare help