Syntax Highlighting for Dynare

This forum is closed. You can read the posts but cannot write. We have migrated the forum to a new location where you will have to reset your password.
Forum rules
This forum is closed. You can read the posts but cannot write. We have migrated the forum to a new location (https://forum.dynare.org) where you will have to reset your password.

Syntax Highlighting for Dynare

Postby htret » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:17 pm

One thing I have found really helpful in making large .mod files more readable and hence easier to work with, is to use an editor with syntax highlighting and code folding enabled to recognize the Dynare commands and keywords. The editor that I have used is Notepad++, which among other features, has a simple interface to design a new scheme for syntax highlighting for a new language. I've used that interface to design such a scheme, and thought I'd pass it on since I think others could find it quite useful too.

If this sounds interesting to you, take a look at the attached .zip file, try it out, and let me know what you think!

Best,

Håkon Tretvoll
Attachments
Dynare Highlighting - v1.0.zip
(3.52 KiB) Downloaded 724 times
htret

Re: Syntax Highlighting for Dynare

Postby yajin » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:07 pm

hi Håkon Tretvoll
It's very helpful. Thanks a lot.
yajin
yajin

Postby SébastienVillemot » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:54 am

Note that there is also an Emacs mode for Dynare, included in the unstable version.
Sébastien Villemot
Economist at OFCE – Sciences Po
SébastienVillemot

Postby CristianB » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:53 am

Hello Hakon,
Thanks for sharing this. Do you have an updated version of the syntax highlighting scheme ?
I'm interested in code folding in particular, and in being able to fold specified bits of the code (for example I want to group parameters or variables). A problem I found is that the code folding keywords are not uniquely specified (for instance I have a piece of text like "endo_names" and the it identifies this as "Folder-" keyword). Thanks!
Best,
Cristian
CristianB

Return to Dynare contributions and examples