Dear Dynare users and friends,
We are pleased to announce the release of Dynare 4.5.4.
This is a bugfix release.
The Windows packages are already available for download at:
The Mac and GNU/Linux packages (for Debian and Ubuntu LTS) should follow
This release is compatible with MATLAB versions 7.5 (R2007b) to 9.3
(R2017b) and with GNU Octave versions 4.2.
Here is a list of the problems identified in version 4.5.3 and that have
been fixed in version 4.5.4:
- The `type` option of `plot_shock_decomposition` was always set to
`qoq` regardless of what is specified.
- Bug in GSA when no parameter was detected below pvalue threshold.
- Various bug fixes in shock decompositions.
- Bug in reading in macro arrays passed on `dynare` command line via
the `-D` option.
- Estimation with missing values was crashing if the `prefilter` option
- Added a workaround for a difference in behaviour between Octave and
Matlab regarding the creation of function handles for functions that do
not exist in the path. With Octave 4.2.1, steady state files did not
work if no auxiliary variables were created.
- The `stoch_simul` command was crashing with a cryptic message if
option `order=3` was used without setting `k_order_solver`.
- In cases where the prior bounds are infinite and the mode is
estimated at exactly 0, no `mode_check` graphs were displayed.
- Parallel execution of MCMC was broken in models without auxiliary
- Reading data with column names from Excel might crash.
- The multivariate Kalman smoother was crashing in case of missing data
in the observations and `Finf` became singular.
- The `plot_shock_decomposition` command ignored various user-defined
options like `fig_name`, `use_shock_groups` or `interactive` and instead
used the default options.
- Nested `@#ifdef` and `@#ifndef` statements don't work in the
On behalf of the Dynare Team,