Dear Dynare friends,
We are pleased to announce the release of Dynare 4.4.1.
This release contains a few changes to the user interface and fixes various
bugs. It also adds compatibility with Octave 3.8.
The Windows packages are already available for download at:
The Mac and GNU/Linux packages (for Debian and Ubuntu) should follow soon.
All users are encouraged to upgrade.
This release is compatible with MATLAB versions 7.3 (R2006b) to 8.2 (R2013b) and
with GNU Octave versions 3.6 to 3.8.
* Changes to the user interface:
- The syntax introduced in 4.4.0 for conditional forecast in a deterministic
setup was removed, and replaced by a new one that is better suited to the
task. More precisely, such deterministc forecast are no longer done using
the `conditional_forecast' command. The latter is replaced by a group of
commands: `init_plan', `basic_plan' and `flip_plan'. See the reference
manual for more details.
- Changes to the reporting module: option `annualAverages' to `addTable' has
been removed (use option `tableDataRhs' to `addSeries' instead); option
`vlineAfter' to `addTable' now also accepts a cell array.
- Changes to the date and time series classes: implement broadcasting for
operations (+,-,* and /) between `dseries' class and scalar or vectors; add
the possibility of selecting an observation within a time series using a
formatted string containing a date.
* Bugs and problems identified in version 4.4.0 and that have been fixed in
- In MS-SBVAR, there was a bug preventing the computation of impulse responses
on a constant regime.
- Under Octave, after modifying the MOD file, the changes were not taken into
account at the first Dynare run, but only at the second run.
On behalf of the Dynare Team,
Researcher in Economics